Shree Vivekanand Research and Training Institute – Mandvi Kutch (VRTI), established in 1975, is registered in 1980 under Bombay Public Charitable Trust Act, 1950. Under the valuable guidance of Mr. Kantisen Shroff (KAKA), it is working in 350 villages of Kutch (Gujarat) district more than 100 staff members. The Government of Gujarat has honored it with “A” rank. The main objective is to promote sustainable rural development with community participation in the areas like rainwater harvesting, creating drinking water resources & distribution system, watershed development, prevention of salinity ingress, developing salinity resistant crops, disaster management, livelihood, health & hygiene, education and capacity building programs at the village level. Environment-friendly activities like tree plantation, eco club, and smokeless Chullas are also being carried out. The vision is to develop sustainable economic activities based on agriculture, animal husbandry, and rural art and craft.
Key areas of Intervention:
- Rain water harvesting
- Animal husbandry
- Drinking water distribution system and sanitation
- Relief and disaster related work: cyclone / earthquake relief.
- Sustainable Development
Process for Implementation:
- Identification of Issue (Need at cluster level)
- Community Awareness
- Capacity building of community
- Village Level Micro-planning
- Implementation (Involving community)
- Monitoring & hand holding
- Hand over the asset
Geographical area of activity
- VRTI has been working in 350 villages of Abdasa, Lakhpat, Nakhatrana, Mandvi and Mundra blocks of Kutch district.
Shree Vivekanand Research & Training Institute is situated in Mumbai Kutch since 1973. For the development of kutch’s Pasture land. Agriculture, Water Recharging & Harvesting, Survival of cattle. VRTI have worked tremendously and achieved National & International awards in this field. Who is the mother Organization of the VGS.